Complete France Forum

Prescription exemption - transferable??

Mrsmanna

Hi all

My husband has a valid prescription charge exemption card here in UK. Is there a similar system in France - Where, for conditions that cannot be cured - scripts are not charged.

OR

Is it possible to remain with the English Doctor and return periodically for free scrips??

Thank you in advance for any advice

Ruth

If you become french residents then you will need to sort yourselves out with the CPAM. However, if you are opening a business, see the Chambres de Metiers etc first, as there are different agencies that deal with health.....the CPAM being the main one.

It would depend on the illness involved. The social security here has a list of illnesses covered at 100%. I have read this list is to be reduced. If your husband comes under the 100% allowance, this would only apply to anything concerning that illness. If he was ill with something else, then the reimbursements from the state would be the same as for everyone else.

Also if you are french residents and your husband has a pre existing condition you will have to get a specific E form from your Caisse de Maladie...which ever it is, to take back to the UK with you when holidaying. An E111 is not necessary for emergency treatment in the UK ( for the time being at least ), but an E form for pre existing conditions is required.

If your husband is receiving a health benefit payment from the state or a disability pension (I'm not british so I don't know how it's called in the UK), that he will keep, you need to get an E121 form. The E121 form entitles your husband to French healthcare under the CPAM and will enforce the 100% regulation, depending on his disability. He can receive a 100% refund for medication and healthcare cost related to his chronic condition.

If you need medication that is not available in France you are entitled to import it for 3 months at a time.
See:
http://www.douane.gouv.fr/finc.asp?page=langues/fiche4gb.htm&cusnum=990

You need a to obtain a license from the French Agency of sanitary safety of health products (A.F.S.S.A.P.S.)
http://agprod.sante.fr/

--
Tink(22)

Archived