Complete France Forum

Wisdom teeth!!

Melstevens

Has anybody had their wisdom teeth/tooth removed whilst living in France? I have been putting it of as Im not a big fan of going to the dentist but I think its time I sorted it out. I think a trip to the hospital is needed as part of the tooth has still not come through (shiver).

Can anyone suggest a good English speaking dentist in the 47 region? Any help would be appreciated. No horror stories please.

Thanks Melanie

In process of having wisdom tooth crowned! First dentist I found was out of the ark, second dentist super (other half was very anti the first one). All modern equipment; very nice manner - explains all (in fractured French, mine, and his fractured English). He even permitted me to see the computer screen when he took out the 'pulpe' and did whatever to the tooth. No pain except for the needle and the prices are right.

Back on tues for more - crown takes three visits. I heartily endorse French dentists! Not cheap but less than in the UK and CPAM reimburses a little which helps. Ask some of the expats in your area if they know of a good dentist - or ask your doctor. If you don't like the dentist, change to another!

J.

I've had two out here. The first dentist I used was not very good, no strength, then I found the gem of a dentist I have now and he took the last one out. And our eldest had to have all four out before they came through during his orthodentist treatment, he had to spend a night in hospital.

Ask around. Like everywhere there are good and bad dentists.

Think yourself lucky you are in France. My poor Dad at the age of 74 discovered that he had grown another wisdom tooth which was boring under his other teeth and into his jaw,he had all previous ones removed during his youth. He had to wait for over six months to see a dental consultant inthe UK and finally had it cut out on Jan 2nd this year in hospital - 16 months of pure agony since it was discovered.

Archived