Complete France Forum

X Rays

caverider

I had an operation in the UK a few years ago - my x-rays are still kept in the hospital where i was operated on.

I now want to go for a check up in france - the doctor says he wants to see my x-rays. The thing is, i phoned the hospital in england and they say it will cost me 70 pounds to 'buy' the x-rays from them. Is there any way i can get this money reimbursed in france? Who can i contact to find out?

thanks, David

You don't say whether you live in France or the Uk and to what health system you belong to, but I would say it is unlikely you will be reimbursed by the standard E111 or other E forms for this, as it is not actual medical treatment. You can only be reimbursed in France if you belong to the French system of healthcare, which is obligatory if you live here legally.

In France unlike the UK, X rays are kept usually by the patient and not kept by the hospital. In this instance I would say it would be cheaper probably to get new X rays done in France, via a refferal from a doctor. If this is an option for you then this could cost less than the 70 to obtain the old Uk x rays.

When we had lived here a while we asked for our family medical records to be sent to France from our old UK health authority for which there was no cost, but this did not include any xrays, which I assume are still filed in the Uk somewhere.

Regards,

Paul

Archived