Complete France Forum

How much???????

Bluebells

have read loads on the forum and in Peter Owens excellent site but cant get my head around how much will have to pay when E106 runs out, I will be 48 and my wife 57 when that occurs.    our all uk local government and therefore taxed in uk pensions amount to 22K pa, approx 30 K euros.   Deducting the 6 K euro allowance comes to 24K euro at 8% = 1920 euro approx £1371 then adding on top up mutuelle say 90 euro  per month = £771 pa, total for wife and I = roughly £2100 per annum = £175 per month??????? correct ish or complete  gar gar

thanks - gary

For full cover the mutuelle cost seems a bit low, and the 8% is charged on your RFI (Revenue fiscal de reference) which is (roughly) your income less 20% then less 10% and after this your allowance of 6721€. Quite how this works when you are taxed in Uk is a question for another forum member in the same situation.

Good luck! 

[quote]have read loads on the forum and in Peter Owens excellent site but cant get my head around how much will have to pay when E106 runs out, I will be 48 and my wife 57 when that occurs. our all uk loc...[/quote]

Yes you are about right give or take a few euros but remember when wife reaches 60 or approx she will be entitled to E121 which you can go on as dependant so you will just have mutuelle to pay

Archived