Complete France Forum

How is the 20 euros I pay the doctor reimbursed?

jdy_cannon@yahoo.co.uk

I am a bit confused regarding the 20 euros we pay the Doctor when we visit him - how is the 20 euros reimbursed to us?? I thought it would automatically go back into my bank account but now I am wondering if I have got it wrong! Am I supposed to send the 'Feuille de Soins - Medecin' form the doctor gives me for paying 20 E. to some office before I get the money back? I already have the Carte Vitale.

I will be grateful for advice on this. Judy

If the doctor gives you a brown form then the carte vitale hasn't worked or the docs machine didn't work or the doc doesn't accept them. So you will have to fill it in and send it into your Caisse. The Caisse will then reimburse you on 19 euros, probably 70% of 19 euros and that should go into your bank account. 
The rest will be picked up by your mutualist if you have one and if the Caisse has the details of your mutualist will forward them to the mutualist, otherwise you will have to send in your payment form from the Caisse to the mutualist to get reimbursed.

ps If you are given a feuille at the pharmacie, make sure that the vignettes from the medicines are stuck onto the feuille and in order and the prescription is also sent into the Caisse with the feuille, otherwise they won't reimburse you.

pps The details of your Caisse will be on the attestion they sent you when  you got the carte vitale. Do not lose this attestation, it is very important to keep it and can be used say in hospitals rather than a carte vitale. (Sometimes things are a little complicated).

Isabel's Dr. just plugs the card in to a reader in her surgery as soon as she arrives and reimbursement goes straightinto her bank account with a covering statement once a month.

She gave me the brown form to recover costs from NHS and was amazed when I said that paying for the drugs oin farcne was cheaper than paying the prescription charges in UK

Archived