Complete France Forum

some drugs 100% paid for?

Iceni

Just picked up a prescription for 5 lots of tablets - my bit to pay - under €4. Now, are certain drugs 100% covered - just a thought as I cannot really believe that this drug is cheap having seen the price in the US.

Is there a list of set prices etc - there was no price on the box just the red box saying uniquement sur ordonnance.

Thanks

When the CPAM send you your statement you will be able to tell how much they were and what percentage they paid towards them. Or you could ask your pharmacist how much they were and how much reimbursement is on them. In that way you will be able to compare with the prices in the US.

Hi TU

It was more of a retorical question. Is it possible to have a drug 100% covered if you don't have a 100% covered ailment? This drug could be used for a 100% covered ailment so I just wondered.

Cost in the US via the net $150+

For 5 items of two types of drugs it certainly was cheap and to make matters even better, the feeling of being on another planet is starting to wear off and I am becoming my normal inhuman self again . A nice detailed phone and fax exchange with my UK bank brought me back to earth with a bump.

Thanks

I don't know the answer to this, but if it were me, I'd either ring the pharmacie or call in and have a chat about it.

I'd ask how much per box it was and everything. I'm curious or is it nosey, probably both and I do the sort of thing I have said.

In the olde days, you would have had to fork out and get reimbursed so you would have all the details to hand.

Incidentally the colour of the vignette on the box could indicate the amount it is reimbursed, I think that that is marked on the ameli.fr site (cpam) as to what reimbursements for what colour vignettes. Also there could be a % marked on the vignette itself.

Anyway, I'm pleased for you that the secondary effects are wearing off.

Archived