Complete France Forum

E106 Again - (Sorry)

Mayennaise

Our E106 is due to expire at the end of next month. We have the necessary letter form Newcastle confirming this and I understand that we have to present ourselves at the CPAM office to sort out affifliation to the French Health Service. My question is: Taxable income is used to assess how much you have to pay per month - we filled in a tax return earlier this year and when the notification came back we didn't have to pay anything. Is the amount payable worked out on how much tax you pay - in our case zilch?? We are both pre-retirement and are lucky enough not to have to work.

Thanks in advance.

You need to speak to CPAM because once you fill in a Tax return you should be paying in to CPAM, or not depending on circumstances. Take all the normal stuff mentioned previously and your French tax return when you go. If you have a income from the UK they may use this to work out yur payments. It's getting tighter down where I live because of recent newspaper reports. People are now being told to show how they are supporting themselves in France.

Archived