Complete France Forum

Changing our medecin traitant

Miggimeggi

Does any know how to go about changing our medecin traitant?  We have no reason to be unhappy with our present doctor but we moved house a couple of months ago and now he is about 15 - 16 km away whereas there is a little town less than  5 km away with several doctors.  Whilst we have never (ever) had to call out a doctor in an emergency, the older we get, the  happier we would feel if he was as close as possible.

Thanks

Anne

From another website:

"You may change your médecin traitant with no penalty and no questions asked. Simply complete a new Déclaration de Choix du médecin traitant form with the new doctor and submit it to your CPAM office. The new declaration will cancel the preceding choice. 

C'est tres facile n'est pas?

Not wishing to appear too pedantic (difficult, I know), but instead of 'submit it to your CPAM office' the above advice should read 'submit it to your organisme conventionné'. CPAM is the correct office for many people, e.g. those who are non-working or salaried, but a lot of us deal with different caisses according to our line of business.

Not your error Ron, but your source is not quite on the ball here.

If you like your doctor you don't necessarily have to change when moving to a different area. We kept ours with no problem when we moved, she is about 15km away. The only likely difficulty is if you need home visits.

"Simply complete a new Déclaration de Choix du médecin traitant form"

Great, thanks.  I know that that form can simply be downloaded from the Assurance Maladie website and printed out.

I think it the potential need for home visits, especially in an emergency, that bothers us.  We love the new place but it really isolated and a bit hard to find.  There is a lady in the house opposite us(only three houses in total) and as she has Parkinsons, her doctor knows the place well  and is well recommended so we think that we will get on and do that.

Anne 

Archived