Complete France Forum

following on from 2 teeth fillings 2 abcesses...

Blade

have appeared. mum had first filling done then got an abcess which caused a lot of pain. was told can happen particularly if she got the superbug a few years back in hospital could trigger worse things after. not sure how true? maybe someone has similar example? anyhow had other tooth done and now has another abcess and i had to rush her to doctors to put her on antibiotics at the weekend. anyone got any advice on this? sounds to me as if the dentist is not that great. mum needs to go back and thinking of going back to her so sooner get info the better so get take a better decision on this. thanks in advance.

in addition the dentist does not seem to have any out of office hours numbers to call . is this normal??? does one really have to go to a doctor???

I suspect what has had happened is that there was the beginning of absesses already present or they were present & naturally draining - when the dentist filled them it blocked the escape route.That would lead to a swelling. Didn't they take x- rays ?

Many dentists don't have out of hours numbers but a swelling can be an emergency, so you should go to the doctors  - in anycase they can give anti biotics to get the swelling down, you cannot inject a local anaesthetic through an infection, so that has to be dealt with first.

Archived