Complete France Forum

Caf - proof of non-payment from UK

Chambo

Hello,

To be entitled to payment from CAF (in Limoges, Haute-Vienne) I have been requested to send proof of non-payment from social services in the UK, even though my child was born in France. I have no other children.

I initially sent off the forms because I wanted to back-date a claim for money that I did not receive when I was pregnant.

Has anyone else received such a request?
Thank you in advance for your help,
Anna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anna,

I have been asked for proof of non payment from the UK but as we didn't know where to send it - as we don't receive anything - we were unable to complete the forms.  It turned out that the CAF had stopped my payments as I had filled in the forms incorrectly but I only discovered this a year later when they sent the same form to be completed for the previous year.  I think the key to getting an answer is to keep going back to the CAF until they can tell you where to get the form from.  Each year they send me a statement to send to the UK - so the UK can make up the difference! but I still have no idea where to send it, not that I think for one minute that the UK would send anything to me here as I am not resident in the UK. 

Not much help I'm afraid but it's not the first time this has been asked for.

Tracy

You need to be in touch with the Benefits agency Newcastle, we had to get an attetstation from them when we moved here to confirm that we were no longer receiving Child Benefit from them, I expect you may have a bit of paperwork going back and forth if your child is not `known` to the UK system, but once the CAF have the bit of paper they want it will be plain sailing.

have just done a quick search,  I went on ask jeeves and asked where the child benefit office is, it gave me the gouvernment website with loads of info on.

Hello,

Sorry I'm late in replying. Thank you so much for your replies, it really is much appreciated. Newcastle have got back to me to say that a letter is on it's way.

Tracy - give me a shout if you want any more information about what to do - I've managed to do all the correspondance with CAF via email on their website and they've been really quick in sorting it out.

Thank you!

Anna

Archived