Complete France Forum

Dentures

Benjamin

You can get some glue from the chemist but its very difficult to use and expensive.

Took my dentures to the dentist who sent them off to I assume a dental technician, took a couple of days. Have not seen the technicians advertised like they do in UK so dont think you can go direct. Problem was a hairline crack along joint with teeth and upper.

Poppy

Thanks for your help. I suppose subconsciously I was trying to cut out the dentist as the middle man.As it is I've found a listing under Prothesistes Dentaires in Yellow Pages so I may give one of them a try first.

Opas

What's the point of being on a forum like this if you can't ask for some advice?

Benjamin

Benjamin, we are in France not outer mongolia . It is a bit like saying I have a cracked lense on volvo  indicator light, will I be able to get one in France or will I have to go on holiday to Sweeden!

I would have thought the principle was self help first, after all you have now found that you could if you so choose , go to a prothesistes dentaires..........I would have thought it would be logical to go there first, if you wisht to cut out having to speak to a dentiste.

Hope I havent given duff info [8-)]  My problem happened a couple of years ago and nothing listed  then under prothesistes dentaires. Have just checked new Yellow Pages and there are half a dozen. Times they are a changing, keep us posted as to whether they will deal direct.

Poppy

Yes of course we'll update you when we find more info.

Opas

So why couldn't you have posted that info to begin with or just kept off the thread? We've been in and out of France since 1992  and haven't spent very much time in UK in the  intervening period.

France tends to be a number of years behind UK in many things  (DIY sheds and sandwiches in supermarkets spring to mind) so my request was for any recent information that people have.

Benjamin

[quote user="Benjamin"]

Opas

So why couldn't you have posted that info to begin with or just kept off the thread? We've been in and out of France since 1992  and haven't spent very much time in UK in the  intervening period.

Benjamin
[/quote]

Long enough to know who does what then!

Don`t worry next time I see a thread that asks If Garlic is available in France I shall walk away and laugh[img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif[/img]

I think its entirely feasible that you may have to go through the dentist, and to be honest, this may be the best way, depending on the nature of the repair. They may need a little adjustment afterward, although hopefully not for a hairline.

In any case the dental surgery would be a good first port of call.

Good Luck.

My husband had the same problem....went to the dentist who said it was a good job that he had come in before the plate had completely broken. Plate sent off for repair and almost totally re-imbursed.   Ruth.[:'(]                              

Archived