Complete France Forum

Paying into French system, but not working in France

scottwasp

Hello all

First question: although I live in France I do not work in France, nor do I work in the UK (it's an offshore company).   My existing health cover is provided by an E106 however, this expires next year and will not be renewed by the UK as I no longer have a UK employer.

How do I go about paying into the French system for health cover (I already have a mutuelle)?   How much will I pay and will it entitle me to receive child benefit either in the UK or France for 1 child?   I do not have a UK residence.   I understand I will also have to pay voluntary contributions to the UK to keep my pension topped up.  I have a good few years to go before retiring.

Many thanks

Because of the nature of the job (maritime) it is both tax and ni exempt in the UK. The centre for non residents inform me that for ongoing health cover I must pay to the French system, so this is what I am trying to find out about.   As far as paying tax in France goes, so far it hasn't been an issue as I've been paying to the UK.   It's for next year I need to get it sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived