Complete France Forum

Dual contributions

muscoka

This may have been answered elsewhere and I apologise in advance if I have missed it.

My wife has just registered with URSAAF as a teacher and has been told about the necessary contributions including that to the health system (assurance maladie). For this our family is then covered. I am due to register with the chambres de metier in a few months and have a list of contributions that I will be required to make amongst these is assurance maladie.

My question is do we pay twice for registering twice or are our spouses contributions taken into account? Incidentally we have been advised by an accountant that during the 'growth' period of our seperate endeavours it is bet to start of a a mocro rather than a full blown company.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you are both working, in different, unrelated, businesses, you each pay separately. It makes  no difference whether a micro or a full business, cotisations are still compulsory.  If one spouse was a non-working dependent of the other, then you would both be covered for health under the same registration. 

Archived