Complete France Forum

disabled living in france

derekm55

hi, i am a new member and have a question that i cant seem to get a none controdicting answer to, i have read that if you are registered disabled you can get a discount on your habitation tax in france, can anyone tell me if they have heard of this, if so can you tell me if it is only for french registered disabled people, i have a home in france that is in the process of being renovated, although i have been doing this for 4 years now, eventually my wife and i will be moving over perminantly in about 4 years, i have been paying full taxes on the property since day one, but dont seem to be able to get a firm answer about this, i must say i have also read that everyone has to pay the housing taxes, hope i can get some help with this thanks

You are simply a second home owner in France and second home owners often pay more than residents anyway as certain allowances can be made for family circumstances in ones primary residence.

I don't even know if anyone with a say disability allowance which reduced their local taxes bill as a full time french resident would get an allowance on a second home?

[quote user="Teamedup"]

You are simply a second home owner in France and second home owners often pay more than residents anyway as certain allowances can be made for family circumstances in ones primary residence.

I don't even know if anyone with a say disability allowance which reduced their local taxes bill as a full time french resident would get an allowance on a second home?

[/quote]

Or indeed if a foreign second home owner could even qualify for a carte d'invalidité.

Since the starting point is with your French doctor and you wouldn't have a carte vitalle then the answer is probably a big fat NON!

Archived