Complete France Forum

E121

jackcrompton

We are having desperate trouble trying to get my wife's E121 from Newcastle. We have been trying since last July, when we first knew that our UK house was sold. Each time we have been fobbed off over the phone. The last time, 4 days before we left the UK, we were told it would be put in the post (to our son's address) - it never turned up. We wrote to them nearly three weeks ago and have not even had an acknowledgement. My wife is 65, has need of regular medications and we have been in France just over a month now. Fortunately she was able to bring over enough medication with her, but this will not last forever. How can we deal with these people? Any advice welcome, please. Jack

The issuing of E121s is a routine procedure and should not have taken that length of time, so clearly something has gone wrong somewhere.

You need to phone the DWP and make a complaint.  Don't speak to the clerk who answers the phone - ask to speak to the departmental manager.  Explain what has happened and insist that he personally reviews your case file as a matter of urgency and gets the form out to you within the next 48 hours.  You can refer him to his department's Public Service Agreement if you need to get heavy. 

You can get even heavier by telling him that you intend to write to John Hutton, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.....

Have you got the right numbers as there seems to be different ones.

0191-21-87777 was one I used for MOH's E121

0191-21-81999 was the one on my letter head when I got my E106.

Originally we were issued with one E121 for my wife and another one piggybacking me onto her form.

I am 62 and just retired from Civil Service, she is 66 and has been drawing an old age pension since 61.

When we tried to register with CPAM in Bergerac, her's were all okay, told I had to have an E106.

Phoned DWP and it was quickly sorted out and proper forms were here in around 2 weeks.

As mentioned earlier, if you don't get a reply and get treated properly, complain, complain, complain.

All Gov departments and Agencies have published performance standards and complaints procedures, keep notes and copies of letters and don't be afraid to quote previous discussions and to ask to speak to a senior manager, go up the line if you don't get satisfaction. Always ask, who am I speaking to and get the surname as a record, end up confirming with them, you will do what...and by when.

More2learn.

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got my wife's E121 yesterday, after we've been in France for nearly eight weeks. Unfortunately, although they got her NI number correct, they have got her name completely wrong, and our French address magnificently garbled! Bravo to Mme la factrice for sorting it out.

Perhaps, one day ...

By the way, it says on the accompanying letter that, if she wants to include any dependants on her E121 (see 'piggybacking' above), she needs to ask the CPAM for an E107.

Ah, those lovely E numbers! What would we do without them all?

Jack

[quote user="jackcrompton"]

By the way, it says on the accompanying letter that, if she wants to include any dependants on her E121 (see 'piggybacking' above), she needs to ask the CPAM for an E107.

Jack

[/quote]

That is the official line from Newcastle but a simple(?) [:(] phone call to them now should suffice.

Remember! too many E numbers aren't good for you [:D]

Archived