Complete France Forum

updating my carte vitale

doc

i sent a form to cpam for 100% cover (i,m diabetic) visited the docter yesterday, she had recieved my confirmation of 100% she gave me a copy of it (i havnt got mine yet ) and said to update it at the pharmacie, okay, thats when the problem started. it was,nt on the imformation when she put the card in the machine, so she said she could,nt use my carte vitale because iwould,nt get my 100%, she gave me my medication covered by the 100% and i had to pay in full for the other item, and if there is a problem i could pay next time. i ,m not fluent enough to phone CPAM but i,ve got all sorts of blood tests etc coming up ,any advice would be helpfull worried

Doc, I am afraid I am finding your post very hard to understand, sorry.  If I have read your post correctly - which I am not sure of - what I think your doctor probably meant was that you need to update your card in a CPAM machine in a pharmacy (or at your local CPAM office - they have the machines too.)  If all else fails, I would go to your local CPAM office in person and sort this out.  I normally find in the flesh visits easier than the phone and our CPAM office for one has at least one good English speaker.

I agree with Cooperola, you really should go to your CPAM office to get this dealt with - France is a bit general as a location but if you're in 24 most CPAM offices have anglophones working in them.  And that your message is very hard to understand and to read.

And the pharmacist probably got it right, you get your meds for your diabetes free but the other meds you take that are not covered by the longe duree would have to be paid for - if I understood you correctly.

Peering through the mists here....

I wonder if your doctor has received an internal memo from CPAM confirming that your application for 100% has been accepted, but that CPAM haven't yet updated your computer record.  Once they've done this, you will receive a new attestation through the post - that's when you should update your CV at the pharmacie.

In the meantime, your medication should be part covered by your CV (at the normal tariff) and the rest by your top-up insurance, so I don't understand why you've been asked to pay anything. 

Unless you don't have a top-up.......[:(]

If you only saw your doctor yesterday it's a bit early  for it all to be arranged and appear on your records on the pharmacy computer. I had a similar situation and eventually it was sorted. You should ask your doctor whether the 100% covers blood tests as well as medications etc. Pat.

sorry for not making myself clear , but i think this is probably what has happened here, i,ll give it a few more days, if nothing happens, a visit to cpam will be on the cards, from what i could gather she charged me the full price for non diabetic medication as using the card would confuse the issue, that made two of us

My 100% is for my back injury, but I have receintly had 100% for dental treatment and a year back I had a cyst and a small bit of arthretic bone removed from my foot, all covered by CPAM at 100%? Who the hell knows how it works. There have been all sorts of other things too.

Now I'm waiting to see what happens when I reach the magic 65 in a couple of years time?? As far as I can make out only the French citizens continue with the 100% and we incomers revert to normal beings!!!

Good 'ere init???

Archived