Complete France Forum

Hearing Aid Batteries

Limousin Lass

Safest thing to do is to take a battery into one of the places like amplifon,audika, generation audition. Most town have a few of these establishments. There are a lot of variations in batteries which is why you need to take a sample. MOH pays €6 for a pack of 6.

[quote user="sid"]

[quote user="Bob T"]I feel a joke coming on............."

[/quote]

Bob

I don't think that many of the hard of hearing members will find much humour in their disability. [:(]

Sid

[/quote]

Nonsense, My husband roared with laughter.

I fell out of my cradle laughing at that one, but the old ones are the best, or so they say.

My wife is still rather sensitive about her very sudden hearing loss, and I only now appreciate how difficult it is.

Anyway the thread is about batteries, not poking fun.

Sid

there is audika in st.yriex la perch next door to tourist office near traffic lights from chaluc turn left.

we live near coussac bonneval and my hearing has reduced so last weeki bought an aid  sign of times .let me know if i can help .--If you have no sense of humour as loss of hearing is not as bad as many other disabilities then do not ask questions on this forum -iienjoy them,.The okes they are not bad and i have told my daughter and grandchildren who live near bussiere galant that my hearing is so good now that i can hear anychild breaking wind from 20 yards away--before i relied on my sense of smell!! 

My thanks to you all for your help and links.  Having to wear 2 aids and the batteries only lasting about 2 weeks I tend to get through rather a lot of them so will check out for cheapest price.

Thankfully I do have a sense of humour and jokes about deafness/poor hearing don't bother me now, the two things that do annoy me are, although I have the 2 aids, for some peoples voice tones I still rely on lip reading  and many people don't actually talk face to face, they seem to be so busy looking around and I have to ask them to repeat what they have said or people think I am ignoring them when I am not, I just don't hear them or realise they are talking to me, and the TV companies who think we need loud background music at all times, even when presenters are talking.

OK rant's over with.  Thanks again for your help.

Archived