Complete France Forum

can i sell my carte vitale?

gdb16

ok, so this post is a bit tongue in cheek.  but i'm leaving france

next year; won't need the carte vitale once i've gone.  there are

lots of people on here who could use one.  it seems an awful shame

that i cant sell it!  is there no way we can set up such a

scheme?  i guess not, as it would illegal etc..  a shame tho.

If she is your dependent then she is entitled to have one on your social number, this is how we are set up, my OH is on my number.  The agency that you are with might have someone who could help you sort this out, do they have a HR kind of function. Thinking about it if they registered you then they should have asked about dependents or did you do it yourself?

Panda

Hello Panda. No the agency did it for me. That was 2 years ago. I have not worked fro them since though. Not because I got the card and that's it. A new boss came in and things changed. I was told at the time the card was only for me. Keep that info coming though.

Trumpet

Check your attestation of cover to see if she is included.  She should be, but if not, then you should contact your CPAM (or whichever caisse you're registered with) and ask them to include her as a dependent.  Once that's done, they will issue her with a carte vitale.

Hello Sunday. Getting complicated now as paperwork is not my strong point here. Yes, man against the elements no problem. Building, Plumbing Electricity, Sanitation, Roofs no problem. BUT PAPERWORK usually gets filed in the circular bin. (It was the same when I was a teacher. I had circular bins for all paperwork.)

The document you need to look for is an A4 sheet headed L'Assurance Maladie and entitled "attestation a conserver" (in BIG letters).  You and your wife should be listed under 'assuré et bénéficiaire(s)'.

It's your official certificate of health cover and it should be kept in a safe place....[;-)

Archived