Complete France Forum

Free Eye Test

AnOther

Question: Are eye test's free in France ?

Oh, and by the way, did you know that D&A are currently offering free eye tests in UK until Sept 11th?

All you have to do is apply for a voucher and it will be emailed to you.

http://www.danda.co.uk/mse/

I think you only have to book it before that date but not sure, usually works that way.

If you can't take advantage at least tell everyone you know in UK [;-)]

NOTE: Sneaky so & so's seem to have got the application page tied to your IP address so multiple requests, even in different names and to different email addresses, all carry the same voucher number so anybody applying will have to do it themselves.

Answer, no, eye tests in france have to be paid for. I think it's roughly 30€, with a 70% refund for those in the health system.

In many areas there are long waiting lists - e.g. several months - for routine eye tests, though if you need one for an urgent medical condition you can get one much quicker.

I understand that if you are in Scotland then everybody gets free eye tests.

[quote user="Will"]

Answer, no, eye tests in france have to be paid for. I think it's roughly 30€, with a 70% refund for those in the health system.

In many areas there are long waiting lists - e.g. several months - for routine eye tests, though if you need one for an urgent medical condition you can get one much quicker.

[/quote]

but you must be able to say ....Och eye the nooo....

Dave [:D]

Dave wrote;

but you must be able to say ....Och eye the nooo....

I've just been looking out the window with my old specs and ,

"its a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht"

I might qualify!

[quote user="Will"]

[/quote]

Not always - from time to time our local opticians offer a free test with no apparent contractual obligation to buy yr new specs from them.

John

not

Archived