Complete France Forum

Living in France and Working in the UK

thehubman

Can anyone give me the short answer please....

If I continue to work in the UK and pay tax there, but re-locate my family to the Pas-de-Calais (making that the family home) and live in France, what are the implications for joining the French Health System.

I know that the E106 will cover us the first two years in any event, but if I'm continuing to work in the UK, but report my income to the French tax authorities and pay any tax due, will that give us the right to be covered by the French system? In other words, I become a French Tax Resident.

Sarko's new rule shouldn't apply in this case.

Also I've been reading quite a bit about this change in Health coverage, if an ex-pat has been living in France for 5 years and is still under the UK retirement age, why don't they apply for French citizenship and end the issue rather than worrying about selling their house etc and returning back to the UK?  I hold two passports now, and if a third was necessary I would consider it.

Thanks -

thehubman

If you are working in the UK and your family is in France I think you should be looking at the E109.

From what you have written I'm not sure I understand, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that if a French person wanted to take early retirement, whatever, they would also have to look at Private  Health care, how would citizenship help ?

Archived