Jump to content
Complete France Forum

Help! How does the health system work?


Recommended Posts

Haven't officially moved here permanently  yet -  still have address and doctor in England. But I do not understand the health system at all . Can someone explain very simply ?

We intend moving permanently shortly - I am 61 and have a state pension - husband is only 58 (lucky me) and  has occupational pension.

Will we get carte vitales? What do they cover?

What insurance will we require?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will be able to get an e121 from DWP you use this to get into the french system , your husband will be covered by your e121 under present rules.

You will need birth cert (full) ,marriage cert , copy of passports etc.

You will get CV , this refunds upto 70 % of treatment charges , top insurance is available to cover the 30%

Good luck with your move and welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...