Complete France Forum

Changing from E106 to CMU

LisaJ

Am just about to go to CPAM to inform them that my E106 will run out in January and I will wish to enter the CMU. Before anyone says anything, I am well aware of  the latest situation, but I want to know what they have to say. I have my E106 letters from Newcastle with the expiry date, our tax return for 2006, the attestation and the Carte Vitale. My question is, do I need to go through the whole rigmarole of passports, marriage certificate, electricity bill again or should the first documents listed be enough for them to turn me down? If (when) they do, then I will insist that they put it in writing. Any other advice?

regards

Lisa

"My question is, do I need to go through the whole rigmarole of passports, marriage certificate, electricity bill again or should the first documents listed be enough for them to turn me down?"

It varies from CPAM to CPAM, but if you were applying to jon the CMU,  then yes, you do need to take all the papers that you took last time, even though you have already registered with them.  Tell you what, don't expect a rejection, go along and apply for the CMU and see what they say

Edit.  Sorry, I misunderstood what you mean by E 106 letters.  You cannot go to CPAM without the letter from the DWP telling you that your E 106 has expired, if you don't have that, phone for one next month, you must have that and take both copies French and English to have any chance of joining the CMU.

The normal procedure is for your CPAM to write to you ahead of the E106 expiry date and ask you to either submit a replacement or apply for CMU. Under normal circumstances, if you called in two months early, they'd tell you to go home and wait until you hear from them.

Given the current situation, it's equally pointless going to your CPAM now and asking them if you can transfer to CMU in January because their current instructions require them to refuse you. Producing your documents is immaterial to them and all you'd end up with is a wasted journey. 

The political situation is still in a state of flux, so you're best waiting until the latest government 'u-turn' is officially announced.  You may find that the situation is resolved in your favour.

Archived