Complete France Forum

E121 and Unmarried Dependant

Blossom

Until recently the answer to this was that if Newcastle are prepared to include your partner's name in the Dependents section then the French will automatically accept it as they are paid a fixed sum each year for all of those on the E121.

When the you're all kicked out of French healthcare system debacle started in September last year there were some rumours going round that unless you could prove that the dependents listed were truly dependent upon the person who had the E121 then, then the French authorities may take a different view.

That part of the debate seemed to get pushed to one side as the true plight of some groups of people much worse off was dealt with and no one in that situation repoerted that any questions were being asked on the topic.

In summary, it's up to Newcastle who is and who isn't included on an E121 and hopefully the French authorities should still accept that.

UPDATE!

I have just phoned a CPAM advisor who said that I cannot immediately be put on my partner's E121 because I have first to use up my E106 entitlement. However, once my E106 expires, I was told that I can then be put on the E121. Does this ring true to anyone!!!

Update!!

I have just phoned Newcastle and they confirmed the CPAM statement: i.e you cannot be put on your partner's E121 until your E106 has expired. Once it has, you simply phone Newcastle and they will issue a Dependants' E121.

Archived