Complete France Forum

CPAM

newbiee

I arrived in France in the summer of last year and went to the Marie to "declare myself".  They put me on the voting list and I received my voting cards recently, so I am in the system.  But I was not given a resident card or similar.

I've not got around to registering with CPAM which I know I need to do.  I have nothing official to prove how long I've lived here, in order for me to join the health system.  Any suggestions? 

I have my E106 papers dated August 2007 and live near Bellac.

Thanks

If you have not requested a resident card (i.e. completed the necessary forms and sent them off to the préfecture), you will not get a resident card.

You do need to register with your CPAM.

Unless I am mistaken (which can happen [:)]), as your E106 was issued before 23 Nov. 2007, you should be able to slip seemlessly into the CMU on its expiry.

At that time, your income will be assessed for your CMU contribution.

A resident card is no longer a requirement for EU citizens and many prefectures are very unwilling to issue them.

Re CPAM and E106

You need to go to CPAM with your E106,passport,electricity or telephone bill and bank account details.

It could be than on the expiry of the E106 you will need to take out private health assurance as CPAM may take the view that you were not registered with them on 23rd Nov 2007 so are not entitled to enter into the CMU system

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

It could be than on the expiry of the E106 you will need to take out private health assurance as CPAM may take the view that you were not registered with them on 23rd Nov 2007 so are not entitled to enter into the CMU system

[/quote]

Has anybody had experience of this, etither way?

It's too early to tell yet, what the results of late registation will be, as few people have been in that position yet (and won't be until E106s issued before 23rd November but never registered begin to expire and people try it).  In theory, you should be OK, as the E106 was dated before the cut off date, but the authorities may take a dim view of the fact that you have never registered in the system.  Just put all your cards on the table when you visit them, and ask as politely as you can for them to backdate your details.

Archived