Complete France Forum

Spouse / Partners covered on E106?

Fiona

Hi

I just wanted to find out - are only "spouses" covered as dependants on an E106?  Not partners?  My partner and I are not married - we have two kids and are planning to move over in Jan.  I will qualify for an E106 as I am working this tax year.  However, according to Newcastle my partner won't as he is self employed and finished his last paid contract last August - since then he has been renovating our place and so hasn't made enough NI contributions this tax year to qualify for his own E106 and the lady I spoke to seemed to think only spouses are covered not partners?  We are planning to get married so looks like we better get our finger out and get it organised!! 

Thanks

Fi x

Hi, for what its worth... We are not married and I found out that I am covered on my partners E106, and so is my 15 year old son.  We visited the CPAM office, filled out the forms and have received confirmation that we are all covered on the same one.  Just waiting now for our Carte Vitale although we have a letter of confirmation that we show to the pharmacy, hospital etc.

Incidentally, before we came out in January we were told by officials inUK that we would not be covered, myself and my son very nearly took out private insurance at great cost and thank goodness we waited until we got here!

My understanding is that if you are living as a family in France you will be covered on one person's E106.  Good luck with that anyway.

Oh, you will need to take out a top up insurance though, we visted our local insurance office who deals with the house insurance and they were very helpful and pointed us in the right direction towards the best policy.

[quote user="writersblock"]

Oh, you will need to take out a top up insurance though, we visted our local insurance office who deals with the house insurance and they were very helpful and pointed us in the right direction towards the best policy.

[/quote]

Not quite correct as top up insurance is not mandatory but your choice.

Archived