Complete France Forum

Health cover

Pads

Im ashamed to say I have not followed all the threads about health cover as up to now it has not encluded me, but as we are thinking of moving over sooner than later now Its some thing I have to start thinking about.

My question is will I still need to pay for cover as my husbands work pays for full health insurance ( under which I am covered ) its world wide and fully comp, this will continue as he will still be working after we move. So I should'nt  have to, should I ?[8-)]

Bit of back ground info ...... We will till have a house in england as we want to keep our credit cards and for other reasons . we will be living in france and paying tax there , I wont be working ( unless i can find a part time job) I want to work and will be looking , can I sign on ? while looking.

Will there be any benifit in hubby claiming for me as his book keeper ( as I am ) or would the red tape envoled in him employing me not be worth it ?

Any tips apprciated [:)]      

If you have private health cover which complies fully with the regs, which are detailed HERE then, no you do not have to join the French system any more.  When you register at the Mairie for your new-style residency form (which I read somewhere has actually made an appearance now), you will have to take along a copy of your policy, I suspect, and this may need to be translated, but honestly nobody knows yet - you could be a guinea pig, Pads!

Yes, you can sign on.  No idea about working for hubby.

Archived