Complete France Forum

Tax d'habitation question on rented out studio

richyrich2

Hi there. A form arrived today from the tax office, asking me to clarify my position regarding tax d'hab on a small studio. The studio has been rented out for nearly 2 years, and I have always paid this and all other bills and taxes, and off set them in the monthly rent. I always thought I could treat the studio as my residence secondaire(although I pay the full tax habitation with no reductions), and have made no secret of it not being my principal french home. I declared the rental on my last tax dec as a microfonciers, as advised by the tax office.

The form asks whether i occupy the "local" principle or secondaire, and if not indicate all details of persons living there etc.  I'm in a bit of a dilema, as the people we let too, sublet it on a weekly basis, hence don't live there themselves. I don't want to do anything illegal by indicating it as my residence secondaire, as I don't live or plan to live there. Does anyone have any ideas on what i should put on the form? there doesn't seem to be any boxes that apply to my situation. I also dont want to create a headache for my friends, who run a uk based company( all legit).

Many Thanks 

You should have received a form tax d'habitation 2008 no 1236-med. On the form it asks a number of questions. All you have to do is send a copy of the lease which will provide all of the details to the impo and they will send the bill onto your tenant.

ams

Archived