Complete France Forum

correct prescription sheet

Patf

Something else new to me that I found out today.

If you are covered 100% for an ALD your prescription must be written on a long form, according to the pharmacy.  If the doctor forgets and puts it on a short form you have to pay the top-up.This happened to me today, with a replacement doctor, so I had to go back and wait another age to have it changed. She changed the brown form too. I would have had to pay nearly 60 euros.[blink]

So worth remembering.

It's not so much the length of the form - the doctor needs to define which items are covered by the ALD.

So, a typical prescription for someone with a heart complaint could be like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prescriptions relatives au traiment de l'affection de longue durée reconnue (liste ou hors liste)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triatec (5mg) 1 cp 2 fois par jour

Plavix (75) 1 cp le matin

Zocor (40mg) 1 cp le soir

Prescriptions SANS RAPPORT avec l'affection de longue durée (maladies intercurrents)

Peckinpah's Patent Haemmorhoid Creme (extra grande)

• 3 weeks later...
I think it all depends who writes your prescription, I am under Montpellier for my Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is "ALD", they had thousands of the normal prescription forms, for the last three years they filled  my prescription Medicines on it, and wrote ALD on the top.

Never had any problems getting it dispensed but there again your card Vital with show the chemist what you are Exempt from.

Archived