Complete France Forum

I love URSSAF.....

Sunday Driver

Last week I received our quarterly URSSAF demand for CMU cotisations covering July/August/September.

Strange, because we'd changed over from CMU back in early June when Mrs Sunday reached the golden age and we became holders of a nice pair of E121s for her and me....

Then today, I received a letter from URSSAF stating that my CMU account had been cancelled as from 1 March 2008.  Knowing their reputation for chasing non-payers, I thought I'd just ring them to confirm that that meant I didn't have to pay this bill. 

"Hello, I've received your quarterly demand followed by a letter saying our CMU account is now cancelled.  Does that mean I don't have to pay the demand now."

"When was your CMU cancelled?"

(Quick panic about commiting perjury....)

"er...um...3 June - they did it at the CPAM when I took our E121s in" 

"Well that's not what they've told us.  As far as we're concerned, it's 1 March so you're actually in credit at the moment"

So, chance of a very nice refund cheque in the post?......[;-)]

Very strong chance of a refund SD.

Exactly the same happened to us: more or less the same calendar dates, except 2007.  I fully expected to have to pay for the full quarter, or at best have it pro rata'd to the date when the E121 kicked in.

However, for reasons best known to themselves, we were refunded back to 1st Feb (I think) vs an E121 date of late May.  Bonkers, but who's going to argue?  

Archived