Complete France Forum

Re: Query re reimbursement for dental work

Gastines

On a recent visit I asked the Dentist to repair what I had left. I thought I'd just get a couple of fillings but ended up with 2 ceramic teeth and bridge needing 4 visits in 3 weeks.Very pleased with the outcome but given a bill for 940 euros.I have C.V. and normal 100% cover but wasn't expecting much back.Within 2 weeks from CPAM and Radiance I had 560 euros repaid, much to my surprise. Bearing in mind the last work of the same nature I had done in UK 25-26 years ago ,cost £990.

So. I would imagine some of the payment will find it's way back into your bank but how they work it out remains a total mystery.

Regards.

The CPAM refunds for dental work are shown here:

http://www.ameli.fr/assures/.../soins-et-protheses-dentaires/soins-dentaires.php

How much your mutuelle refunds on top of that depends on the policy you have chosen.

For instance, my mutuelle offers levels of cover for dental work, starting at 100%, then 130%, 165%, 240% and 280%, as well as varying % according to the type of dental work.

Remember that 100% does not mean 100% of what you have paid, but 100% of the cost recognised by CPAM, which is much lower than the actual cost of most dental care.

Archived