Complete France Forum

Mutuelle/teachers

Frenchie

[quote user="Frenchie"]

When people criticize teachers now I don't get angry, I just ask them why they didn't become one, if it s sooo easy peasy.

[/quote]

I don't think teachers per se were being criticised in that thread, it was more the fact that the couple in question received a joint income of 40 000 euros per annum yet they ended each month in debt. For my part I stated a fact as I knew it: namely my neighbour told me she had a very cheap mutuelle because she was a teacher.

Sue

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Frenchie"]

When people criticize teachers now I don't get angry, I just ask them why they didn't become one, if it s sooo easy peasy.

[/quote]
I don't think teachers per se were being criticised in that thread,
Sue
[/quote]

I'm sorry Sue, but read the thread again [blink]

JR 's gone native, who's a forum member I like, suggested we only work 18 hours a week??

Which is not fair, because these are only the hours done IN FRONT OF THE CLASS.

Most work is done from home , all the marking, preparing, + meetings, ( non stop ) etc..

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="suein56"][quote user="Frenchie"]

[/quote]

I don't think teachers per se were being criticised in that thread,

Sue

[/quote]

JR 's gone native, who's a forum member I like, suggested we only work 18 hours a week??

Most work is done from home , all the marking, preparing, + meetings, ( non stop ) etc..

[/quote]

Ahhh; I must read it again as I did not see JR's post [:$].

I can't knock teachers - I trained to be one! [8-|]

Sue

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Well, I d like to have more info about that, because I am a member of the MGEN, which is THE mutuelle for teachers, and I pay about 900 euros a year, which is not so cheap in my opinion.

[/quote]

Ann said she paid about 45 euros a month to cover her and her 2 children; but I don't know any more details. She was aged 38 at the time she told me - would that make any difference at all?

Sue

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="suein56"][quote user="Frenchie"]

[/quote]
I[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Régine, I was hoping that might get a response from you [6] Did you get my PM?

Yes you are right, totally unfair but if I had used a smiley it would just have looked like sarcasm.

I spent Saturday and Monday helping out the local lycée, first with the journée portes ouvertes and secondly taking a class of 14 year olds to a CFA (centre de formation d'apprenticesage) both times the teachers were giving their time unpaid as they are also doing this week as surveillants during the exams.

On the Monday I left home at 07.15 with my teacher friend (she had already taken her children to the Garderie) I sat in as a student during the French class (I am truly plus fort q'un élève à quatorze ans!") we then left for the CPA, on my return I had to wait until 18.00 whilst she attended a meeting with the principal and the parents of an unruly and violent student to discuss his future, he is now expelled and it was revealed that he is also violent to his mother.

My friend had also spent a long time preparing the necessary dossier for the tribunal (sorry cannot remember the correct name)

That Monday she was seperated from her children for 12 hours which is not at all unusual, dependant on her class schedule she would have only "officially worked" four or six of her contracted 18 hours that day. Working 20km from home she is unable to return during the free periods which she uses for preparing work, marking  homework etc.

Whilst I would like to do the job if it were to be well paid, which it isnt; I know that I dont have the dedication and patience to do so.

Jr, that would have surprised me from you. [:)]

Yes, in a lyçée there is a lot to do. ANd more and more I would say.

Thay want us to get involved in " projects" , out of our hours of course, such as culture in the lyçée, prevention ( road accidents, Aids , etc etc)

And as you said, not paid.

When people criticize, I simply say " wanna follow a teacher for a week ? " 

When did yu send your PM ? 

I got one a few weeks ago, but I thought you didn't expect an answer , my friend.

Ame, the holidays are deserved,  they are an advantage, not a privilege.

And during all half terms, teachers do a lot of marking. Ask the teachers on here, whether French or English, like my friend Mme Poivre, .......... 

[quote user="Frenchie"]Ame, the holidays are deserved,  they are an advantage, not a privilege.

And during all half terms, teachers do a lot of marking. Ask the teachers on here, whether French or English, like my friend Mme Poivre, ..........[/quote]

I soooo agree with you, Frenchie.

This is the stock phrase teachers & lecturers in the UK hear all the time: "Yeah, but you get three months holiday a year."

Maybe it was true once, but I don't remember it.

Bonjour tout le monde

yes Frenchie  you are right after I had finished planning the homework booklets for next term I have the two large super U bags that i brought home with course work to mark, the only advantage to a half term is that I can actully get them marked and be able to make coffee when I want one [:D]

the other thing is that it always takes a few days to be able to wind down abit before you can even begin to recoup your energy for the next term because as some of the posts on here have said it is a lot of work, full on most of the time.

Judith