Complete France Forum

Dentistry in France?

tj

I suppose that it's inevitable that you'll find good, average and poor in any country: the posts above seem to confirm that.

The thing that I've noticed is that the dentist we visit here works on a reactive rather than proactive basis. In the UK, the excellent dentist we had insisted on 6-mthly checkups: "you're paying for it via the private insurance, so you may as well".

Here, the dentist said that generally our teeth were in reasonable shape, so to only come along if we had a problem. Thusfar, 2 yrs since our last visit.  Also, they don't employ a hygienist: he said that it was against the rules and the dentists were obliged to carry out all cleaning (don't know if this is true, but that's what he said).

5-e, if you live near Carcassonne we can recomend a very good dentist right in the middle near Place Carnot. We have almost finished a long series of sessions with him for a load of work. No English spoken and he is an ex judo champ, so no arguments either [:-))]. When he gives injections he quite often uses an electrical syringe which pumps the good stuff in very slowly and is a really good way to have a jab.

He has the 'spit in the bowl' but it is redundant and never used. He has the normal 'mini Karcher' !

Ah, that would be good Jonzjob, thank you - unfortunately I live too far from Carcassonne, it's awkward for me to get there.

One dentist I haven't tried around here is an ex rugby player. Which is useful when patients try to slip away, wriggling out of the chair...[:P]

Good luck with the rest of your treatments, it sounds like you've got a winner there, with the electrical syringe etc.!!!

Archived