Complete France Forum

Claim for use of private car for transport to hospital Part 2

JohnRoss

Further to my last post on this a confusing situation has come to light. I took Jackie for her second chemotherapy today and again the Dr gave a prescription médicale for transport by private car and a Bulletin de Situation and asked us to get the Etat de Frais claim form from the secretary. I asked her how to calculate how much to write in the amount claimed box. She came up with this, and to cut a long story short it was, work out how many litres of fuel you have used and claim the price you paid for it.

Now I noted that the average fuel consumption for the trip was 7.1 litres/100km, the Scenic has a gubbins built in which shows average consumption. Now the round trip was 56km so that means I used about 4 litres and let us assume 1 euro/litre so a claim for 4 euros then.

Now if we go to the site that someone kindly suggested in a reply to my last post on this http://www.ameli.fr/assures/soins-et-remboursements/combien-serez-vous-rembourse/frais-de-transport-mode-d-8217-emploi/les-indemnites-kilometriques_lot.php  we get this table:

Déplacement en voiture

Tarifs de base des indemnités kilométriques pour une voiture particulière
Distance parcourue au cours de l'année civile Pour un véhicule
de 1 à 5 CV
Pour un véhicule
de 6 à 7 CV
Pour un véhicule
de 8 CV et plus
De 0 à 2 000 km0,25 euro0,32 euro0,35 euro
De 2 001 à 10 000 km 0,31 euro0,39 euro0,43 euro
Plus de 10 000 km0,18 euro0,23 euro0,25 euro

Par exemple, si vous avez parcouru 20 km avec une voiture de 5 CV, vous serez remboursé : 20 x 0,25 euros, soit 5 euros.

Which for a 56km round trip in a Scenic of 8CV gives 56 x 0.35 = 19.6 euros to claim for. Now I have no wish to make money out of my wife's condition but as we have some 34 more trips to hospital in the near future neither do I want to be contributing more than my fair share to the State health system by not claiming enough so who is right? I know some of you good folk have been this route so what criteria did you use to make a claim? Maybe I am misunderstanding something, it would not surprise me under the circs........................................................JR

John, go to your local CPAM office, play the Brit idiot and ask them to help you fill the form in.

Then just copy out what they fill in each time you go to the hospital.  In my experience, they never shortchange claimants but there's bound to be somebody along who will tell a tale of woe.  From my experience, CPAM are very helpful with this sort of thing and they've also recalculated mine when the rates went up and I hadn't claimed the up to date amount.

Thanks Tony and I don't think I need to play the idiot as I probably am one and more so the older I get, err who am I? Did you in fact note the amount they put in the claim box and did it relate to anything like the figures given by the table above? My CPAM office is some way away and I am not keen to leave herself alone for a few hours while she has all these secondary effects to deal with but if push comes to shove!...........................................................................JR 

Indeed there was much helpful information from your good self  Benjamin in the last post on page one but what I need to know is if you did in fact use the above table, a useful  link to which was provided by you on page two,  to calculate the amount claimed and entered in the claim box and was that claim accepted by the CPAM. I do like to dot the i's and cross the t's, a fault I know but there you go................................................JR

[quote user="JohnRoss"] I do like to dot the i's and cross the t's, a fault I know but there you go................................................JR[/quote]

Same here.  [:D] I missed the gist of your question.

By way of example we have a 6CV car and we claim 32 cents per kilometre.

Archived