Complete France Forum

Cost of daily home visit by nurse

Suandpete

I have just done this.

You will get two 'ordinance' (prescriptions) one for the pharmacy and the other for the nurse. The one for the pharmacy will have all the things the nurse requires to do whatever she needs to do so you need to get that first (if there is anything other than dressings I ask if anything has to be kept in the fridge). As somebody else has said you will need to call the nurse to make the initial appointment after which they will come every time (sounds like every other day for you) for the number of times stated. If you know where the nurses are (you could ask your doctor if you can't find them in Pages Jaune or he/she or the receptionist may call them for you) you could pop in, show them the paper and tell you where you live. In my personal experience they state a time, convenient to you both, to come and stick pretty much too that time. On the first visit you need to present your Carte Vital and Mutual after which, in my case, you pay nothing.

[quote user="hamrinton"]The rate of the nurse depends on what type of service she will be providing as well as where she comes from. It can charge you from and average price form € 3.50 to 6.00.
[/quote]Is this the bit after the state's contribution because it sounds extremely cheap to me?  I'd be amazed if they can live if they charge so little.  As said above, here mine charges around 20 (3ks travel).

Thats the cost if you don't have a Mutual although if you work it backwards to get the full amount its somewhere between 11 and 20 Euros per visit. As you say not a lot considering petrol for the car etc. My nurse didn't like the cleaner that gets the glue off when the plaster was removed so she used her own and the cost was down to her. Mind you she did take all the 'medical waste' away including the syringes for the blood thinning jabs.

Archived