Complete France Forum

Another Mutuelle question!!

Hereford

We had been feeling for a while that we were being stung for ever higher premiums from our mutuelle (although we suspect they are all doing the same) so: when we got an email (can one call it a "cold" email?) from AG Conseil (brokers) I filled in just name and date of birth and asked for a comparison quote. They have come back with a quote from a mutuelle called Alptis which is certainly cheaper (by 30%) for what appears to be the same cover and for a little more, still less than we pay now, better cover.

Has anyone used this company please? If so did they come up to scratch?

In lots of ways we would rather use a company that has a high street presence so that we can go there if we have a problem.

I have told the girl who telephoned, to follow up email, that we need time to think and will email her next week!

Many thanks

Mrs H

I believe cooperlola has a strong recommendation.

For a High Street presence I use Swiss Life, and have not had any problems although I only changed to them in January.

I was able to take a 'tailor-made' policy, where I have opted for higher levels of cover in the areas that I chose, and standard levels in others.

Please be very sure about small print 'exclusions' as I ended up paying over 3000€ last year on top.

Yes, it's important to read the small print and see what exactly you're covered for.

No good paying cheap then finding you're landed with a big bill because, eg, you're not covered for ambulance costs.

Thanks to all three respondents - aren't you quick!

We are asking for a quote from Cooperlola's recommended company too.     We do indeed want to watch the small print and although our French is not too bad a policy in English would certainly make up for a company not being on the high street - face to face French is always easier than the telephone.

Mrs H

Archived