Complete France Forum

Email address for URSSAF

Doodle

If you have an espace client, you can send them messages through that.

They don't answer of course - but the great advantage is that messages you send are stored on your espace client so at least you can prove that you tried.

If you actually want information, it's best to go in person. I've found them very helpful face to face, less helpful on the phone and hopeless by email.

(None of my business but I'm a bit intrigued why this is under 'health'. If you're making a claim it wouldn't be urssaf would it? I don't think they pay anything out, they just collect cotisations on behalf of your caisse.)

Hi EuroTrash

I don't have an espace client but maybe I should look into that. Can't visit as I'm miles away from La Roche in the very north of Mayenne.

To explain further, I want to know in writing whether or not they have received my cheque for the 3rd trimestre cotisations that was due for payment 30 June latest and which I posted to them on the 16th June.

Usually the cheque is banked within a few days. I rang last week and eventually got through after many tries holding on then getting cut off. The lady looked at my account and said the payment had been received. It has not shown up on my bank statement so I contacted the bank who have looked into it and say to date the cheque has not been presented and that I should send another cheque and they will stop the first one.

Now I don't want to go down the route of stopping the cheque if it is wandering around somewhere within URSSAF. Neither do I want to send a second cheque and end up paying twice and all the palava of getting a refund.

If I can get it in writing it will put my mind at rest before the next payment is due September and I don't want to receive any demands for unpaid cotisations. I may end up writing to them and sending AR but I know that that doesn't necessarily mean I will get a reply.

Chris

If I remember correctly, the entire URSSAF organisation was restructured at the beginning of this year, and they proudly announced that you don't have to go to your own urssaf any more, you can go to ANY urssaf in France and they'll be able to help you, because they are now all linked and integrated and everything. Why not test their claims ???

But, I wouldn't worry overmuch. If they say they have the cheque, they probably have, and just not cashed it yet. (2nd trimestre surely not 3rd?) If you cancel it and then they try to bank it, then you'll have a situation.

I recommend setting up your espace online. It's kind of reassuring to be able to look at your account now and again and make sure that they agree there is nothing outstanding.

Paying online takes the stress out of it too, IMHO.

On reflection - I'm well confused.

Are we talking auto entrepreneur here?

If so, trimestre 2 is 1 April to 30 June (T1 being 1 Jan to 31 March).

You're supposed declare after 30 June, and the payment is due 31 July/1 August.

So it's nowhere near the payment deadline.

(It just occurred to me that mine hasn't been taken out of my bank yet, hence coming back to the thread.)

Hi ET,

No, not auto enrepreneur, not employed at all just early retired so not on an S1 yet from the UK so paying into the french health care system. A friend who is an AE said she has to get her payment in by 31st July so I guess there are different cut off dates for payment for AEs to the early retired.

Oh and apologies you are correct it is for the 2nd trimestre.

Chris

Thanks for clearing up that bit of confusion Chris. I assumed everyone had the same trimestres but then again - why would URSSAF make things simple if they can complicate them!

Hope you get it sorted. FWIW, I once got a fine for paying my AE cotis late - I lost track of dates and totally forgot - and I'm ashamed to say I went along with a sob story and they believed me and let me off. So all is not lost, even if they do try and say you paid late. There seems to be a well-oiled procedure for having fines cancelled if you ask nicely, there's a slip that you fill it in and they countersign it, and the fine is offset against your next payment.

Thanks for the info ET. Since my posting I got a email message to URSSAF who emailed back to say that they had told me on the telephone that it was paid. I sent a reply this morning to say they've got the wrong person as they were quoting on the email a totally different name and NIR number and a siret number that I don't have.

I have just received a reply from someone else quoting the correct details and to say they received my payment on the 19th June. I shall now be very interested to see if miraculously the payment suddenly appears on my bank statement

So I am putting this to bed as I can't be bothered with it anymore. I have kept all the correspondance even copied it all to a memory stick just in case I should need it in the near or even far future!!

Chris

Update: I have just looked at my bank statement this morning and guess what the payment has been taken out!

Archived