Complete France Forum

Paying back 'partipations forfataire' since 2014!

NormanH

For a number of things one has a charge of euro or 50 centimes that you have to pay even if you are at 100%  ALD cover:

This I know and as I don't have to pay up-front at the Pharmacie or Lab I sometimes get a 'catch-up' bill from Amelie.

I have just had such a one going back to 2014   for 102€50 !!!

Has anyone else had  this, which would suggest that they are looking hard at their books, or am I just unlucky?

Yes Norman, we had our bill about 3 months ago.

Mrs G has an ALD and her amount owed was for €100 - ish and related just to 2017 - 2018. I asked our GP about it and she said that it would be best to pay up quick and hope that they didn’t go back any further !

Its a legitimate charge and its would appear that they’ve finally got their act together over collecting the couple of euros due on each prescription.

Thanks Gardian

yes it is a legitimate charge...but I am surprised so there are bits and pieces that they haven't picked up on before, it isn't very consistent: for example there are only some charges for blood tests but not others as if some have gone through and others haven't

I think what you say confirms my suspicion did they have started going back to their books

It could be something like that. I have the impression that they are 'mopping up' bits and pieces that somehow slipped through in the past, since there is no real consistency :1€ for a consultation here; 50ct for a box of medicines there, 2€ for a taxi.. but by no means all which suggests that they might have a new logiciel going back 5 years or so looking for omissions.
I owe it and will pay as I am very grateful for the care I receive, but be aware that if you are on an ALD there might be a retrospective bill winging its way towards you..

At present, the forfaits are deducted from our reimbursements for visits to doctors, which are the only charges not paid directly by CPAM.

I wondered how these will be collected if the doctors ever agree to be paid by CPAM rather than directly by their patients, but hope they don't save them up for one big bill as NH has just received.

EDIT:

Norman, presumably you visit, and pay, your doctor from time to time - are the refunds for these visits not enough to cover the forfaits, or are you saying they missed deducting some of them?

I check our statements every month, but it never occurred to me to verify whether or not the forfaits deducted are correct or complete.

I never pay directly for anything  either at the Pharmacie  or the GP,  only at the Dentist

but the weird thing about these chargesis that they are not at all consistent,

and certainly don't represent all the things I should pay.

That may because there is a limit of €50 a year on what you can be asked to pay.

(See the link in my OP)

Archived