Complete France Forum

9online problems (FAO Mazan in particular!)

Having previously sustained 3 months of agony with France Telecom where eventually an engineer gave me his mobile number to save going through the 1013 service, we upgraded to Numeris as this was the only way I could see to guarantee a line which would work for more than 48 hours and hopefully better than the 9 to 30 kbps we were getting on the internet.

Numeris works well and the Olitec modems were simple to install, so being a glutton for punishment and swayed by the lure of 128 kbps I signed up for 9 online.

It worked in a fashion for the first few days although it was hit and miss on the connection, and then stopped! The 'user name/password invalid' message was coming up. After the first of many calls and e-mails to 9online we realised that we had given them the ISDN line number and not the 'tete de ligne' number, so we asked that the number be changed - sadly it still did not allow access to Forfait Illimit, only to 'Libre Access'. Following further calls and e-mails we got the following response from them:

"Le problme ne vient pas de chez vous, nous avons un dysfonctionnement au niveau de l'authentification sur notre rseau qui est en cours de rsolution. Si cela perdure trop longtemps prenez contact avec la hotline pour faire un dossier que l'on transmettra aux agents du rseau".

Having been told that it was their problem we chilled out and went back to using our 'Tiscali 5 to 5 service'. Tonight we called 9online helpline in the hope that the service was up again and were told that 9online were unable to provide Forfait Illimit to any 'bas-debit' (I assume this is non ADSL) clients, and that all they could offer was Access Libre pay as you go.

The next call was to obtain a refund of our 20 and to retain an Access Libre account, at this point we were told that despite having called 2 weeks earlier the 'tete de ligne' number had not actually been changed, however we were now being assured that everything will be alright "demain" and we will get a month free of charge. So the question is - Mazan, have you connected any clients on Forfait Illimit on Numeris during the last month? And if so have you experienced any problems - I find it strange that they are saying they cannot connect any new clients at Service Technique without Service Client having any knowledge of the problems.

I use 9online, and they have had a couple of outages over the last 7 days or so, but neither for more than about an hour as far as I could tell. The problem was as they say, at the authentication level. My PC is online at least 8 or 9 hours every day usually more, and over the past few months I've had very few problems - certainly fewer than I ever had with Tiscali.

I know that doesn't answer your question directly, but as a happy customer I just wanted to recount a positive experience - there never seem to be many of those on this board

Henry (87)

>have you connected
>any clients on Forfait Illimit
>on Numeris during the last
>month? And if so have
>you experienced any problems -

I've arranged 3 in the last month. Two work fine and one never worked. The one that didn't work was a question of a changed number, like yours. The last I heard (yesterday) was that the 9Online tech people were aware of the problem and working on it. I am sure that 9Online will give a full refund when the problem is finally solved: they are very good about that.

The unlimited bas-debit forfait is still on offer on the 9Online website.

Perhaps it might be worth re-registering from scratch, using the correct 'tete de ligne' number, assuming of course that FT have marked it down correctly. Sometimes it seems to be the original house phone number, which should be one of the analogue lines but in others it seems to be the number of the new digital line.

regs

Richard

Archived