Complete France Forum

One provider for both UK and France

Our current email is with BT in the UK but I am about to buy a laptop so will want a connection (hopefully broadband) both in the UK and France but I dont want to pay 2 sets of charges. So is there a provider who offers an all inclusive monthly package that can be accessed from both the UK and France.

Thanks

Diana

LAST EDITED ON 11-Aug-04 AT 12:21 PM (BST)

I think the answer to that has to be No, although Wanadoo and Tiscali to name but two have both UK and French operations. Some people have been able to transfer their AOL unlimited dial-up deal from UK to France, but AOL is something that some people love and the majority hate.

Getting slightly away from the original question it's worth reminding users that if you just want to access the internet and get your UK e-mails from France then this is possible, unless you have a particularly individual UK provider, by setting up a pay-as-you-go internet account with one of the French providers like Wanadoo or Tiscali and setting up Outlook Express to check your UK POP3 mailboes). You can do the same with a LaPoste e-mail account which has the advantage that you don't necessarily need your own French phone line or internet access - you can do it from somebody else's computer or an internet caf (there are a few in France).

I know that Mazan and others have given detailed instructions on how to do this, which can be found in the archives and in the forum's computer etc FAQs.

Will (50)
Forum moderator

Archived