Complete France Forum

Connecting an Apple

Leading on from my last post re an ISP in France.

I have just spoken to PC support at work re moden cables from laptop to phone socket.  It was my intention to use the one from the french phone and connect it to the laptop.  They have just said some laptops can be very fussy about the cables and will only work with a dedicated one.  To date the Apple is the fussiest and most self-opinionated thing I have delt with in a long time so am fully expecting it not to like an ordinary phone cable.  So does anyone know where I can find a list of Apple dealers based in France.

Thanks

Diana

What sort of Mac is it? I have connected and iMac (original) and a Powerbook (G4 Titanium) with a cheapo cable with no problems at all. Lots of problems because Broadband isn't available, but no connection difficulties.

Normally Macs aren't too finicky - could it be the modem (and settings) rather than the wires?

Same here. I am a Mac user for 20 ears and never had any problems with my laptops while traveling (or with my macs at home). Using all kind of modem/phone cables where ever I was. My husband's linux laptop is a whole different story. Where Mac is basically plug and play he's configuring for hours before he can connect while I happily surf away.

Any modem cable should work with a Mac, don't worry until you have tried it first.

--

Tink (22)

You can us a normal English phone connector, PC or Mac it doesn't matter unless it is a really old mac. All you need is a French adaptor available in Leclerc or any big store, it looks like one of the normal long French things but has a square phone hole in the bottom.

Archived