Complete France Forum

British TV in France but not via satellite

Hi,

I presume it's been asked before but is there another way of getting English TV in France but not via satellite dish? My landlord won't allow satellite dishes to be installed. So far all I've found is that it's only via satellite...Astrosat...or direct from Sky...

I mainly want to get Sky or something to watch the English football as it's been removed from Sport + and put onto TPS Star (another satellite channel).  I have only BBC Prime at the moment and BBC World via NOOS and this is very limited in terms of what they show

Thanks

As long as nothing is in the way a dish will work at ground level or through an open window as long as the dish can "see" the satellite. I have heard of people using a portable dish stand in this situation. Alignment, I have found, is not that difficult and I have run it through an open window facing South Eastish. Depending on the situation a dish low down could easily be hidden from view and the small Sky dish is not that big................John in 79 

How about a tripod as sold to caravaners and mount your sattelite dish on this at ground level or if one of your windows is facing the right direction open the window and set up sattelite dish in room that way landlord will not be able to object

Other alternative is a very long coax cable from a satelitte dish pointing at sky satelite (maybe you will find an english neighbour nearby )

Well, like other people have said, sticking it in a window is an option - another one is to have it mounted in the garden somewhere, in both the UK and US you used to see this quite alot - sat dish on a tripod in the garden.. It's not mounted/screwed to/on the house, so i don't see any problems.

However, to answer your question, english TV is only available in france via some-sort of sattelite connection. TPS for the football is again only available via sat as you mentioned, and sadly there is no other way of recieving it without some kind of a dish/decoder combo.

• 2 weeks later...
This is getting confusing...I was given TPS for free via Noos for a 3 week trial period and  I see that they show matches more than once a week so it is possible to watch it via cable. I see there is a channel called English PRemier LEague and i can't work out if that is only available via satellite...anyone know? Otherwise i'll just get the regular TPS....not easy for me to work it out from their website....

Archived