Complete France Forum

does sky plus sleep at night!

We\are in England at the moment, but have recieved a call from a friend

stating: Sky plus on 80/90% quality & strength, about 11.30 to 0100am, many programs go off with "no sat signal" being displayed although other programmes are ok!!

Strength and quality are nil, not locked, no transport stream, no ID, in morning everything OK, bit difficult from UK to help. Antone any ideas please.

Molly

[quote]We\are in England at the moment, but have recieved a call from a friend stating: Sky plus on 80/90% quality & strength, about 11.30 to 0100am, many programs go off with "no sat signal" being disp...[/quote]

It is possible that the output power of the transmitters is reduced, to save power (I think that ASTRA use a combination of fuel cells and solar panels), although I don't KNOW this.....

Also, the satellites have "linear" transponders, so the ouptut power can be varied without upsetting the signal, other than making it weaker. If that makes sense.

Who would want to watch sky at 2 in the morning?! (Discovery has closed down by then, I believe..... It's only those other channels that you can't subscribe to from France......)

Most satellite providers reduce or increase the power in accordance to with weather conditions, generally in the night the cloud mass thins allowing the satellite provider to reduce transponder power however this should have no affect on the reception in your home.  I would suggest that your friend has his installation checked as I suspect that either the antenna has not been pointed correctly or his LNB needs to be replaced.

Archived