Complete France Forum

How many TVs in house can run of booster box

We are in Normanday and can pick up UK television via a normal Tv areil and someform of booster box.  This box is mounted to the back of the main TV on the stand, the ariel cable feeds into this box before going to the TV.

My question is: Will this box allow any other TVs in the house to be able to pick up UK TV via the ariel or will each TV need its own box. The house has plenty of TV arial sockets that feed of the main ariel.

I have had enough trouble trying to find the right English words to describe this so trying to ask a French person in a shop would be a complete non-starter.

Thanks as aways

Diana

I have seen boosters with upto 4 outputs, however from what you describe  you would have  to rewire from the one 4 output booster attached to your main TV to each individual TV set. Alternatively, you could consider attaching a booster to each TV set. However, a better solution maybe to attach a booster to your TV aerial which is often done in poor signal areas.

Before spending your money, make sure you have a very high quality aerial as this is the key to obtaining a good picture and then if need be attaching a booster to the mast head. A good aerial person should be able to sort you out. You have to remember that an UK signal is not intended to reach the French coast and the reception is dependant on the climate conditions and this can vary enormously from day to day.

Obviously, the best solution is to have satellite digital as it looks possible that Free to Air cards will be available to purchase once again once the ITV situation is sorted out. Of course you can now receive all BBC transmissions with a digibox and no card.

Baz

PS This subject is currently being discussed on this forum at:
http://www.livingfrance.com/instantforum/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=33&MessageID=39106

Baz

Thank you for your reply. I suppose the most simple way to find out is to try a TV minus box on all the arial points.

I think we must be in a good spot for the UK reception as the picture quality is always excellent.  However the radio is different, the reception for Radio 2 is at best awful and often non existant. I do find when the weather is bad the reception gets better.

Diana

Archived