Complete France Forum

Help Please, FranceTelecom Bill

Can any of you good people explain this entry on my latest France Telecom bill please?

It is under the heading 'Services ponctuels ou occasionnels' and it is detailed below the heading as 'Service Telephonique' then goes on to read 'Déplacement pour prestation á domicile le 24/08/04 13:00' then there is an amount of 45,56 plus TTC.

As far as I am aware nothing different has happened, and we were at the house on the date stated. We are mystified to say the least.

Thanks

Milly

"Déplacement pour prestation á domicile le 24/08/04 13:00' then there is an amount of 45,56 plus TTC."

This is a standard charge applied for a FT visit to your home or to the nearest FT box.

It could be for a reconnection of the telephone service to your home, if the line had been unused for a long while before you moved in.

Have you contacted them during the period referred to in your bill?

If not, call 1014 (free from landline) and ask them what the charge relates to.

Good luck

Clair

Thanks Clair,

Phew, that's what we thought it meant! 

The line hadn't been used for some time when we bought the house, and indeed an engineer did call to check it out in July.  However, we thought we had paid this on the previous bill in August, but on checking again, I see that we didn't, and they have only just billed us for it! 

How wonderful it is to be able to get such a rapid reply to our queries on this forum.....

Thanks again Clair

Milly (who's off to France for some more DIY tomorrow!)

Archived