Complete France Forum

Removing Numeris box

France Telecom said they would cut off the phone line in our old house (rented property, if that makes any difference), and they said they'd contact us to make an appt for someone to remove the Numeris box.

I phoned today, and now they say we don't have to worry about the Numeris box - it's the responsibility of the new people in the house to pay for it to be removed.

I'm quite happy to not have extra expense, but is this right?   Do we just forget all about the Numeris box?

Thank you  

I've just looked at my itineris box and can't find anything on it saying "this box remains the property of FT" or anything. Suspect you might have paid for it (to all intents and purposes) in the original change-to-isdn payment.

So now you are just paying the higher, 2-line abonnement. You just stop paying when you suspend the service when you move. (I'm shortly to do the same thing, so this is more hope than experience!!)

paul

The numeris box is (nearly always) the property of FT so I guess if they decide to keep it there it is up to them. The cost to remove it and replace with a standard single analogue line is not much more than simply putting in a new analogue line, so it will be up to the new owners to decide what to do - if they want Numeris it will be a cheap installation - if not it isn't going to cost much to replace it.

regs

Richard

Archived