Complete France Forum

Internet Weather Service

I've been using the Weather Underground site (for forecast info) amongst others for some time but have just found what I think is a really nice feature.

Near the bottom of some of the specific town pages there is sometimes a list of one or more links to "Personal Weather Stations". It seems that some enthusiasts purchase computer connected weather instruments and then in-turn pass their current weather data on to Weather Underground (possibly others). You can then view their individual weather station information. These personal weather stations tend to update frequently (e.g. every 15 minutes), so you can tell e.g. if the rain has moved past there town yet.

I have a few times used such a site when I wanted to visit somewhere (1 hr away) and wanted to know what the weather was like there before departing.

For example http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/07157.html has several Personal Weather Stations listed at the bottom. Not all cities have them and different "Personal Weather Stations" present different information in different formats (I guess it depends on the equipment being used)

Others may find such info interesting or useful.

Archived