Complete France Forum

Outlook Express help required

I'm suddenly having a lot of problems with Outlook Express. Emails are slow or fail to open and attachments (things I am expecting, pictures and word documents) are even slower.

I ran AVG and I have 'Trojanhorse Dialer 11AY' in two files and the virus report says they are embedded, no remedy comes up - are these the cause of my problem ?and if so how can I overcome it ?

I am running ME with IE5.5,OE6 Zone Alarm firewall and AVG 7

Thanks David, my son has removed the Trojan Horse and now the problem seems to be just one email with several attachments, it takes ages to open at all and 'freezes' outlook express - then when I open the attachments they are all the same ???????

Could it just be that its somehow 'corrupted'

OE can get slow if you have large (>2000 messages) in any particular folder. Especially if you are running an email-checking anti-virus program (AVG V6 e.g.). If you have lots of messages, delete some, or create more folders and "file" them...

I believe that there some issues with ME & OE6, too. Try checking for any available updates.

I do check for updates, but when I go to the page it says one 'file' must be downloaded seperatley - I have never been able to down load this one item - I go all through the process and then at the end it 'hangs' and will not complete

Probably need to do my 'filing' though, a little project for tonight...............

Archived