Complete France Forum

internet subscription

We pay 29,90euros per month for unlimited access (ADSL) via wanadoo. 

That said, we are having ever-increasing problems getting connected between about 6.30pm and 10.30pm - I assume this is because there are too many people trying to access the system(?)

Chrissie

(81)

I've had the subscription ( as much time on line as you want) from 9online.fr for over a year now and it is brilliant. Tiscali, on the other hand was bad news, and we ended up still paying for a non existant service and the only way we could stop payment was by changing our bank account. They have no proper address on their website and no way of contacting other than email, to which they don't reply.

I will have to look at my bank statement to find out how much 9online costs and get back to you later,can't remember but I know that I thought it worth it when I started and it has proved worth it and, incidentally other phone calls are cheaper than fr telecom. I have never been unable to log on with them which is more than I can say for others.

I personally have two web based email accounts, both free and both efficient. In order of preference they are www.fastmail.fm and www.laposte.net. The great advantage is that you can pick up your email at any computer. If you get on to www.9online.fr, you can pick up their charges for a variety of services.

[quote]We pay 29,90euros per month for unlimited access (ADSL) via wanadoo. That said, we are having ever-increasing problems getting connected between about 6.30pm and 10.30pm - I assume this is because...[/quote]

We're on the same deal as Chrissie, but still have one problem in that wanadoo seem to create a second email address all the time.

Also, when we first joined up, it was over the phone and they got the spelling of our names wrong due to poor pronounciation on our part. Interestingly though, the incorrect names have obviously been sold on by France Telecom/Wanadoo and are the cause of numerous amounts of junk mail in our postbox.

Finally, to date, we have never encountered any problem with broadband connections at any time.

Archived