Complete France Forum

I have succesfully used my AOL, Uk account in France for a year now.This morning however I had a pop up from AOL saying they are changing access numbers. To do this I have to give a UK number, and I don't have one anymore. AOL say they are phasing out the old access numbers. Does this mean I will not be able to use the UK Aol anymore? I pay £15 a month for total access. I am quite happy with the service I get from AOL. Thanks Molly

• 2 weeks later...

I do exactly the same thing. I signed up with AOL in the UK at £15.99 per month last year and use the service in France by dialing the French freephone 0860 number. I haven't received any notification of changes to Access Numbers. Even if this does happen, I can't see why you would need a UK telephone number to find out the new numbers. In the worst case scenario, I would think you should be able to connect using the local rate number published on the web (see http://intlaccess.web.aol.com) and then find out the new freephone numbers by entering "Access Numbers" in the AOL search bar. Incidentally, I don't use the AOL front end myself (can't stand the lightweight entertainment waffle orientated content), I connect using the AOL Dialer only (you need AOL 9.0 to be able to do this) which means I get to miss the latest trials and tribulations of soap stars and other minor celebs (shame!).

• 1 month later...

Archived