Complete France Forum

Sky one and sign lanugage

I hope someone can help me, suddenly on Sky One we are getting quite a large gentleman (tall not wide) signing the words of programs. This is new and unwelcome and also spoiling our viewing. Any ideas how we can turn him off. We have been through the menu to no avail.

Thanks in advance - otherwise Stargate and 4400 are never going to be the same (it is me who is the nerd, not John :blush.

No, Di is right, you can't turn it off. I've just watched a bit of Minority Report with a strange man pulling even stranger faces in the corner of the screen. When the size of the characters is the same as his size it is very strange. Apparently signers are supposed to gurn like that...

How is this less obtrusive than reading subtitles? The only good news is that it seems to be confined to Sky Cinema 9, see

http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,,91063-1123540,00.html

(Sorry - can't post clickable link as the software doesn't like Macs).

It was actually Malcolm in the Middle on Sky 1 - we had to turn it off as we have a very small screen (20 inch wide screen) and it was really unwatchable. It is not listed as having sign language next week and I really do feel that something like this should be able to be turned off. I actually work a lot for disabled organisations and am not being 'exclusive', I just think that as you say, when the actors are the same size as the signer you quickly lose track of who is doing what, just imagine LOTR with this as an addition...

Thanks for all your help.

Archived